Who we are
- A fellowship which has grown out of a mutual love and respect for the Cathedral and its ministry
- People from all walks of life and from other Churches and cities in New Zealand and overseas
- People who are willing to pray for the Church’s ministry
- People who enjoy good company, good music of all kinds, fun, fellowship and keeping in touch with Cathedral events.
- Patron: Her Majesty The Queen
- President: Bishop Justin Duckworth
- Secretary / Treasurer: Mrs Valerie Whisker email@example.com 06 370 1235
The Companions’ Prayer
Almighty God, your Son, Jesus Christ, was made known to his disciples in the breaking of bread, thus making them his companions.
Bless the Companions of Wellington Cathedral, that we may see Christ in each other and in all our activities glorify his name, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Read the latest edition of the Companions’ Link by clicking here.
What We Are About
- To increase the fellowship and unity within the Diocese of Wellington by heightening our awareness of each other:
- To support and pray for the work of the Diocesan Bishop whose Chair (Cathedra) is situated in the Cathedral
- To foster interest in the life of the Ministry of the Cathedral and to pray for its witness to City and Diocese
- To encourage the use of the Cathedral as a Diocesan resource for the good of all.
- To honour God in all we do.
We want you to join us.
New Members Welcome
Membership Annual Subscriptions
- Individual Companion $20
- Family / Household $30
- Corporate Companion $75
- Individual Life Member $100
If you would like to become a Companion of Wellington Cathedral, please provide details of your name, address, phone number, email, and enclose your annual subscription for the current year. Please make cheques payable to The Companions of Wellington Cathedral and send to The Companions Office, P O Box 12 044, Wellington 6144. Thank you.
Updating our Records
The Companions’ Committee is anxious to update its records – it would be helpful if you could provide the following information: name, address, phone number, home parish, email address.
This information can be sent in to Secretary Valerie Whisker by phone (06 370 1235) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to The Companions Office, P O Box 12044, Wellington 6144. Thank you.